Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Summer 1981
When I was seven years old my family moved from Page, Arizona to Mancos, Colorado. Both of my parents are from Colorado and they really wanted to move back there. My Dad bought 3 acres of land near Mesa Verde National Park. We spent the summer building our future home. We lived in our tent trailer and had an outhouse. We went to the campground that was about a half a mile away to have a shower every night. Finally in the fall we moved in the the shell of the house. Anyway my Dad e-mailed me these pictures and I couldn't help but post them.

Darla (9), Donna (7), Dusty (4)

Darla, Dusty, and Donna building trusses!
We all had jobs to do in helping build the house! One of ours was to help build the trusses.

Dusty, Donna, Darla


Just beginning!

I wish I had a picture of the finished house. It was a log house with a barn shaped roof! Oh what memories these pictures brought back! Thanks for sharing my trip down memory lane!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, I love these pictures!