January 2012
On Wednesday, January 4, I pre-heated the oven and put my dinner in to cook. Wayne was unloading the dishwasher, the boys were doing homework and Sarah was outside playing. I opened the door to check on Sarah and I heard this strange sound. I turned around to see flames and sparks shooting out of the oven. Wayne quickly turned it off and the sparks stopped. He opened the door and smoke came flying out. It set off the smoke alarm. The boys both dropped everything and headed for the meeting place outside of our home. (Way to go boys!) The smoke alarm did not go off for too long. In the end we realized that the element in the bottom and basically blown up. It was now in two pieces. I didn't even have a fire extinguisher, so the next day I went out and bought one. I had to get a new oven. This is the new one. I love having a glass top. No more disgusting burner pans! Yeah!

1 comment:
That happened to our oven about a year ago, except ours just slowly burned along the heating element with sparks flying here and there. Great job on the Geography Bee!
Post a Comment